you know those nights when certain thoughts and memories resurface at the forefront of your mind and fuck you up all over again? tonight’s one of those nights for me so yeah
If you’re in college right now
Check the syllabus for each one of your classes right now while you bullshittin
Don’t fall behind this early in the semester off some bullshit
I just really fucking miss Disneyland and California in general and I’m still waiting to hear back about DCP so it’s making everything even worse
and I’m just really anxious that they changed so much about the DCP application process this semester of all semesters and now I have to wait this long to hear back :|||||||||
that calling women of color exotic is
- fucking racist
- and not a fucking compliment
i loooooove personality quizzes and astrology and alignments and personality types because i’m completely obsessed with myself
submitter: *skip to 3:12* I was at my first Beyoncé concert and some guy was holding a really rude sign saying “You can’t sing” so during crazy in love she hit her note early and told him to hit the same note and he butchered it then she walked away and said ‘exactly’. She played it off as casual for the cameras but everyone in the crowd was dying laughing cause we knew
i am screaming. why would you pay $1000 to see someone you can’t stand? beyonce haters have no fucking logic.
I love Petty Beyonce
lmaooo sis did one of these
Go the fuck offf motha!!!!
That’s how you get shit tucking done!!!
“Stop sending expired food”….”fried chicken 64.99”
IQALUIT, Nunavut — A head of cabbage for $20. Fifteen bucks for a small bag of apples.
A case of ginger ale: $82.
Fed up and frustrated by sky-high food prices and concerned over widespread hunger in their communities, thousands of Inuit have spent weeks posting pictures and price tags from their local grocery stores to a Facebook site called Feed My Family.
WHAT IN THE FUCK? This shit is not okay.
ughhslfkajsdlf gross gross gross
Reblogging for the extra articles.
Also… I might show up to this protest and support them.
Pay attention to this stuff, please, followers who haven’t heard about this! This kind of thing is completely erased in news media.
This is really fucking important.
This is why I don’t respect anyone who blindly supports the anti-sealing protestors. Because for a lot of people, it’s the only affordable option.
It’s not just Iqaluit. In Nain, Labrador this problem has been going on for ages and nobody does anything about it. $47 for a ham and $17 for a block of cheese. In Rigolet, Labrador, a loaf of bread costs $7. Here’s another picture of an Iqaluit food price changing before your very eyes.
The NNCP is starving people, reducing their food choices, and keeping people on EI poor. This is so, so wrong.
How can we help? I joined the group and checked out the website, but I didn’t see anything that can be actively done (other than raising awareness, which, of course, is great).
Excellent question! If you read through the group (which is here, for anyone who missed it), there are people talking about some ways to help.
- Look at the latest news on the Feeding My Family website to see what the priorities are and how you might be able to help.
- If you’re Canadian, call your local MP and ask to discuss this issue and express your concern.
- Look up ways to support putting pressure onto airlines to charge fair rates (a $1000 plane ticket should be from one coast to the other, not a few hundred miles).
- Research and learn what you can about food sustainability. For a start, how about learning square foot/metre (French intensive) gardening or container gardening and starting to practice it yourself? Share these techniques with friends and family. Get good at it so you can teach them to others who have poor food security in your own area.
- For the love of God, stop signing “anti-sealing”/”anti-hunting” petitions and supporting Greenpeace’s actions without understanding the complicated, nuanced situation in the North.
- Watch the FB group, because people there mention direct donations and ways to help the organizations actually on the ground there.
- For example, one person is starting up a donation project/fundraiser.
- Look at what organizations like FoodShare are doing and support them.
There is so much to be done. Sharing news articles and stories, lists of resources, donation and fundraising pages, and knowledge about food security is critical, but there’s a lot more work of all sorts.
Theme Park Inception (by jdhilger)
i do not understand people talking about how they’re excited for cold weather. i am not excited to be freezing all the time and to have to wear three layers of fugly clothing every day and cocoon under blankets all night and have all the skin on my face and hands chapped and dry as fuck and race from the shower every morning to get dry and dressed as quick as humanly possible because stepping out of it feels like walking through the polar vortex. summer is the best. i am the furthest thing from excited about the seven months of hell i am about to experience.
men love “fat asses” and big titties but act like those things commonly exist naturally on thin women and they “don’t count” when accompanied by a jiggly belly and thick thighs
I am a fuckin treasure and I will never settle for anyone/anything less than I know I deserve
That is a promise to myself and a threat to anyone who stands in the way